Infographic is a portmanteau of the words that enhance the individual words on information and graphics. Broadly, it highlights a form of visual communication that assists in capturing attention and improving comprehension. Infographic has become a crucial segment and a broader descriptor of a definite type of visual communication. This includes graphics showing data and copy or both. Infographics have become renowned in a few years, and you have probably come across the word several times that are used in several platforms like magazines, online, or on the wall at your doctor’s office.
Research says that “The word, “Infographic” has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity over the last decade,” it has been broadly used in branded and editorial content on the web. Infographic maintains popularity despite all the arguments that exist on its real definition. There are many schools of thought, but you have to choose the exclusive one.
Classifying the Infographics
While various types of infographics exist and different presentations have been nurtured for a long time, these three general categories are considered true and exceptional infographics for a long time.
- Data Visualization
- Editorial Infographics
- Information Design
Each infographic solution serves its purpose, and you can witness its power as a storytelling tool – if you utilize the application appropriately and apply adequately.
Delve deep into design styles of infographics
You have to admit that infographics are always more flexible than ever in terms of the design format. Regardless of all the content or data depicted, it allows the story in unique and engaging ways. The most common formats are:
- Animated Infographics
- Static Infographics
- Interactive Infographics
Again, each infographic solution has its unique benefit.
Create an infographic in a way that the audience feels encouraged and enthusiastic.
- Start by executing a robust and creative brief: This idea keeps the team explicitly on the same page, so use the handy infographic brief template to have an effective infographic.
- Brainstorming the right ideas: Make sure that the infographic idea is suitable for your brand, and it must be capable of telling the story of your motto. Your research and promote valuable ideas that suit the need of infographics.
- Utilize the data source as much as possible: You can use both internal and external data because both are valuable and help narrate original, brilliant, individual, and exclusive data stories.
- Follow the best-practiced data: Good design and quality storytelling – both go hand in hand. So, you have to avoid common mistakes to execute an error-free infographic – this will eventually stay on your brand; if you are a designer and passionate about experimenting, then you can go for mixing up the design.
- Make a solid and abrupt story: Good and quality infographics always focus on telling a single account. So, you have to be quite positive while making the story and, if possible, make it short but informative so that the audience loves the concept.
Someone says, “Misrepresenting data through sloppy visualization can hurt your credibility.”
This is right. Make sure that you are determined and practical regarding your data presentation, and you have to do it accurately so that it will increase comprehension. Do not mislead the audience, and it will affect your whole functionality and plan.
Along with these, if you want to present a new concept along for an effective infographic, then you have to understand your motto and then summarize it as information with a clear infographic that contains enough message to clear up the confusion of the audiences, even if you have a new policy to introduce, you can firmly do that!
If you adopt a good grasp of creating an infographic in 5 steps – you will be on Cloud 9!