Facial exercises have been controversial for a long time, but does it really work? Although this method is not entirely effective, for example, pulling the cheeks does not help remove the face wrinkles, some things can be done. Here are seven easy face exercises you can do right now for firmer skin and a toned figure.
1. Brow raiser:
Eyebrow lifting helps your brows grow and hold them where they should be. Aging and constant frowning can cause brows to appear saggy but with simple steps few steps. You can make them act and raise their eyebrows. Tight eyebrows are a characteristic that most women desire and this is how you can get it. The steps for the brow raiser are given by,
- You need to bring your index and middle fingers together.
- Place your fingers over your eyebrows and press down on the skin.
- Make your eyebrows up and down. At the same time, increase the tension by pressing down on your fingers.
- Repeat six sets, raising eyebrows for ten sets each.
2. Wink n’ holds:
The wink hold technique helps fight the signs of aging and wrinkles under your eyes. The steps for wink n’ hold are given by,
- Don’t worry if you can’t wink, as this only requires you to close your eyes partially!
- Hold down some winking for one second.
- Make sure you touch all the muscles around the blinking eye. Release it slowly.
- Repeat 20-25 times in one set; don’t overdo it; just once a day is enough.
3. Eye toning:
Your sagging eyelids make you feel conscious but you don’t want to go the Botox way? This set of exercises will help with that. It works well on crow’s feet, bags under the eyes and puffiness. You can follow simple theses steps to gently tone the eye area.
- Place your index and middle fingers in a ‘V’ shape over your eyes. Hold both middle fingers on the inner corner of the eyebrows. Use your index finger to press the outer edge of your eyebrows.
- Look up at the ceiling and lift your lower eyelid to forcefully squint and then relax.
- Do this at least six more times and close the scene by squeezing your eyes tightly for 10 seconds.
4. Cheek plumbing:
You can make your skin look plump by lifting the crease around the nose. It’s a simple technique. You have to smile a lot like a crazy person. It is one of the best face tightening exercises for your face.
- Start with a smile as wide as possible. Use your fingertips to press the crease between the nose and lips.
- Raise your cheek muscles while pressing them down to create resistance. Make sure your fingertips are steady to avoid putting pressure on your hand.
- Do this for a few minutes while taking a break. This will strengthen your cheek muscles!
5. Cheek squeeze:
Duck faces are all about silly selfies. But the fish face is truly for beauty! If you want to make your face stand out, you can follow this method. The sagging cheeks disappeared, and all that was left was a face that looked slimmer. This is how you can do it!
- Start by tilting your head all the way back and pushing the chin forward. Don’t strain your neck too much.
- Cheek sucking and fish face don’t bite your lips or tongue.
- Do 10-15 sets with 5 seconds of ‘fish face’ each round.
6. Double chin workout:
You can blame a muscle called the platysma that’s giving you an unattractive double chin. This muscle connects the jawline to the shoulder, and the relaxation of the muscles will cause the skin around the neck to sag. These quick face exercises will help ensure a firmer return. These things will improve your neck, chin and jaw area:
- You can stand or sit upright; choose the position that is most comfortable for you. Look up at the ceiling and tilt your head all the way back.
- Hold your head still; touch your tongue to the roof of your mouth. There should be a slight pain in the neck due to muscle contractions.
- Slowly release and lower your chin to its normal position. Repeat this exercise for five sets, with each set holding the tongue for about 25-30 seconds.
7. Cheekbone lift:
If you need natural long eyelashes and sky-high cheekbones, you can follow the easy steps of cheekbone lift. The steps are given by,
- Place the index finger and middle finger on each cheekbone.
- Lift and tighten the skin gently until it is slightly tight.
- Open your mouth into an ‘O’ oval; there will be resistance in your cheek muscles.
- Hold down the lift for five seconds.
- Repeat these steps for 10-15 sets for the defined cheekbones.
Facial exercise for tightening the skin: Does it really works?
The idea behind facial exercises, or face yoga, is similar to exercises on other parts of the body. At the same time, some dermatologists and medical professionals recommend facial exercises to tighten skin but there is some controversy about its effectiveness. There is some evidence that skin tightening exercises work when trained regularly for 30 minutes a day for eight weeks and every other day for the next 12 weeks after this period. Your upper and lower cheeks may appear fuller, and you may notice a younger-looking face and neck.
Is facial skin tightening exercises worth it?
There is little evidence to suggest that facial exercises are an effective way to tighten the skin. After exercising your face regularly, you may notice an improvement in the elasticity of your skin. But scientific research has yet to prove that these exercises are effective. Although facial yoga is free, if any, it takes a lot of time each day. Facial exercises and yoga are low-cost, low-risk alternatives to cosmetic products and procedures. For the facial exercise, there is no direct evidence linking to any side effects. But overuse of facial muscles can lead to the development of wrinkles and crow’s feet.