The FireStick generally has a large number of features of Alexa that are built in it. Some of these features are usually available at the touch of a button, depending upon the model of remote a person has. Learning how to use Fire TV Stick is a bit of a complicated process. The fire tv stick has also got a new feature: the Fire TV OS interface. This adds one critical new element, which is the user profiles.
If a person learns to use the Fire TV Stick, he/she can use it for everything. They could use it for streaming shows as well as their favorite movies. They can also control their smart home using it. A person can even get the weather report from it without turning on a specific news or weather report channel.
How to turn on a firestick
If you are wondering How to turn on firestick, then please follow the steps given below:
- To turn on the firestick, a person should plug their Fire TV into the TV’s HDMI port and then hit the power adapter into an outlet.
- Next, they should use the USB cable to connect the power adapter to the respective Fire TV.
- In the next step, a person should put batteries in the Fire TV remote.
- Now they have to turn on the TV and switch to the correct HDMI input.
- If the TV remote doesn’t pair automatically, the person has to press the Home button until “Press to Start” appears on the screen. This would take approximately ten seconds.
- Now the person has to follow the on-screen instructions to connect to the Wi-Fi in the home. Then they have to download the latest software update of fire tv.
- Now, here the person has to sign by using their respective Amazon account. Here a person can use his/her mobile phone or computer to visit the on-screen web address and enter the different verification codes.
- After that, they simply have to follow the on-screen questions to set up equipment control for many devices that a person can connect to his/her tv.
How to Turn Off Fire Stick
If you wonder how to turn off a firestick completely, a person has to simply unplug it from the power source. After that, it will take approximately 20 minutes to put itself to sleep. After putting the fire stick into sleep, it will use less power but will receive software updates on its own.
Ways to Turn Off Your Fire TV Stick with the help of a Remote
It is probably the easiest way to turn off the Fire TV Stick. It can be done by using the remote. Here a person has to press and hold the Home button on the Fire TV remote until the TV changes its screen. After that, they can select the sleep option from here. After that, they have to press and hold the Home button on the Fire TV remote for approximately three seconds. This button is generally present in the middle of the remote, having a house logo. After this, the screen will turn black, and the pop-up menu will appear.
After that, a person has to select the sleep button to turn off the Fire TV Stick. Here he/she can use the right directional button, which is present in the Fire TV remote. After that, they should look for an option that has a moon-shaped logo. After this, the person should press the button in the middle of the ring in the fire tv remote to select the highlighted option.
After this step, the Fire TV Stick will go into sleep mode. However, this will not be off the Tv. After it, a person can turn off his/her tv manually or by using a remote.
A person can use the fire stick on his/her mobile rather than using the remote. Here, all they have to do is open the Amazon Fire TV App. This app is available in the Apple app store or google’s play store. After it, they can sign in here by giving the Amazon username and password. After that, they can use it to turn the fire stick quite easily. If there is a further problem, they can follow the step to step guide or simply reset the remote.