As the name suggests, how to tie a wrap dress is a dress that involves wrapping one side of the dress onto the other to wear it. The dress comes with strings or knots, which helps to hold the dress from the front. The dress is said to be designed in the early 1970s, and it has been a favorite option for women from all around the world. Now let’s discuss three different ways through which one can tie a wrap dress.
3 ways to tie a wrap dress
Method-1- Wearing a wrap dress using the attached strings
The easiest and the most common way to tie a wrap dress is by using the strings or ties attached to it. Following are the steps that one should follow under this method-
- Perfectly cover the body with a wrap dress of your size.
- Cover the waist and chest region by pulling one of the sides, say the dress’s left side.
- Now, look for a small hole in the other side of the dress to which the left side string is supposed to be passed. It is commonly found above the waist area.
- Now, gently pass the left string through the hole until you feel comfortable with the tightness of the dress.
- Wrap the other side, i.e. the right side of the dress, upon the first side and then pass the string around your waist.
- In the last step, you need to make a tight knot using both the strings to hold the foldings of the dress tightly.
Method-2- Wearing a wrap dress using a ribbon belt
This method is a simple yet more fashionable method to tie a wrap dress. One needs to follow the following steps for this method-
- Cover your body with the left side of the dress.
- Pass the left string through the hole in the right side of the dress.
- Now, tie both the string around your waist according to your comfort.
- In this last step, wear a ribbon belt on your stomach above the dress to provide your outlook with a stylish and fashionable finish.
Method-3- Wearing a wrap dress using safety pins
One can use safety pins to provide the dress with a better outlook while making it feel more comfortable. At the same time, it provides more tightness to the dress and avoids the chances of it getting opened. The steps are as follows-
- Wrap the left half of the dress on the body while covering the body according to your wish.
- Now, gently pull over the other side of the dress onto the first side and insert the safety pin at the end of the left portion through both sides. The pin should be located below the right armpit.
- Now use the right side to cover the remaining left side of the dress.
- Tie the dress using both the strings around the waist and make a tight knot at the end.
- To give more security to the dress, you can use another safety pin on the other side of the dress, just above the waist.
- Take care of the tightness of the dress around your body, and avoid stretching the cloth while using the pins.
Some unique add on ideas to make your look more elegant
Here are some unique and elegant ideas to provide a more fashionable look to the dress-
- Wearing leggings under the dress provided that its colour perfectly matches the wrap dress.
- Wearing accessories such as necklaces and earrings. A necklace can prove to be a good fit to cover the neck region after wearing the dress.
- One can go for wearing heels for a formal outlook and sneakers for a casual one according to their needs.
Wearing a jacket or an open sweater also goes great with a wrap dress and acts as a perfect ‘ready to go’ option