Whenever we meet someone, the first thing that comes to everyone’s mind is how the other person must have dressed. People get dressed up according to the occasion. While going for an interview, people get conscious about the questions they will be asked, but before that, the main thing that one should always keep in mind is proper dressing for a job interview. The interviewer keeps an eye on everything starting from the dress worn to till etiquettes. It is quite necessary for the fresher that he or she should not do anything unknowingly which would create a bad image of them in the interviewer’s eyes. Listed below are the tips for men and women on grooming themselves before going for an interview.
Steps for getting dressed up for an interview
It’s a common saying that men do not need much time to get dressed, but when the question comes on getting dressed for a job interview, men too need perfection and time. The top five tips for men are as follows:
- Those men who have dense facial hair or beard must trim them and keep them neat. Many of them love to keep beards, but this does not suit the personality of a candidate who goes for an interview. Trimming includes the beard or moustache along with the hairs in the ears and nostrils as well.
- Now, the most important thing in the lives of men and women is what and how to style the hair so that it goes with the occasion. For an interview, men should prefer those styling products that give a natural look to the hair and avoid hair gels and creams.
- While going for an interview, men should keep in mind to wear a washed, neatly ironed and we’ll coordinate suit or formal shirt and pant. If one goes for a fashion-oriented interview, he can wear some colourful attire that would make him look smart and confident.
- Always use those deodorants that stay for a longer time and are fresh and dry too. It is advised to avoid all the colognes and strong fragrance scents and perfumes.
- While answers the questions asked to you, remember that you have white teeth with a bright smile on your face. Avoid having a stinky breath. Men should not smoke at least before attending the interview as it can create a bad impression in front of the interviewers.
So, these tips were for men. Women too have to follow some important tips regarding grooming for an interview. The top five steps are as follows:
- Hair is the most important part of grooming. If anyone has long hair, she can tie it up in a ponytail and comb it neatly to give a pleasant look to the face.
- As it is said that makeup is art, and beauty is the spirit of every woman. While going for an interview, always put a light and simple makeup as the main aim is to look professional and smart.
- Always keep in mind whichever interview you are going to attend, always have a business-like look. For women, it is better to avoid many accessories and short dresses. A pantsuit, skirt suit or chic dress with proper colour and appropriate footwear is the best outfit for the interview.
- Like men, try to avoid strong deodorants as it creates an unpleasant environment and may even be allergic to it. Using those deodorants and perfumes which lives for a longer time with a delicate fragrance will suit perfectly for the interview.
- Carry breath mints with you while going for an interview and eat them before attending the interview. Those who are addicted to coffee should not drink it before the interview.
The tips mentioned above will surely help both men and women select their dress for a job interview and even with their looks so that their first impression on the interviewers will help them get a job without any circumstances.